Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Latest Winnings

I don't know what it is, but I seem to win things. I don't win huge things, but smallish prizes. I also seem to attract winnings at this time of the year. For example, last year, I won a fully decorated designer Christmas tree.

Before Christmas, I was at a dinner with a number of women who attend the same gym. I arrived a few minutes late because I had to return home to pick up a gift which I had forgotten for an exchange. I spied Santa Claus and decided to get a photo. After all, how often do we get our picture with Santa anymore? I think he was the real one too.

It was announced that there'd be a 50/50 draw, I dutifully purchased my three tickets for five dollars. While sitting at the table having dinner, a friend mentioned that she never wins anything and that she wouldn't be winning this draw. I told her that's the wrong attitude. "You need to be positive. I am positive I will win."

When the numbers were read aloud, I thought I had missed winning by one digit. Then I viewed my other tickets. I won! Hurrayyyyy....half the draw amounted to $120. I paid for my dinner and martini, received a gift of a bottle of wine, and left with money in my pocket.

While going on a shopping trip with a relative recently, we filled out ballots for a draw at a jewelry store. The prize was a Swarovski crystal necklace and earrings with a platinum over gold chain. It was red and not the most attractive set I'd ever seen. I didn't care whether or not I won. Nonetheless, I received a call Christmas eve and told to come pick up my prize. Eventually, I did. It looks like this.
 I have since tried it on and it actually looks pretty good against my skin. I plan to wear it soon with a new jacket of a similar hue, black shirt and pants of course.

 Good fortune, just like bad is supposed to come in threes. Can winning the lottery be far behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment