Monday, December 19, 2011

What I've Won

In the past, I have often "known" things. For example, I once knew I was going to win a piece of art despite the fact that there were many, many entries. Yes, I did win.

I knew I was going to win a tree from the festival of trees. My best guess now is that I didn't win. The draw was held yesterday and I have not received a phone call.

People asked about my backup plan. I didn't have one and I didn't need one. I was going to win the tree that sparkled and shone and caught my eye. It was going to look fabulous in my living room window. Perhaps it's my own fault that I didn't win. There was a brief time when my resolve wavered. I almost considered purchasing a tree.

I did not come away empty handed during this festive season. I did win something. Hubby and I were at a dance and here is the magnificent centrepiece I brought home. It now graces my dining room table. Lovely.

To me, this arrangement represents more than just flowers, greenery and holly. It reminds me of my many "winnings". It reminds me of all the things I have to be grateful for during this holiday season...family, friends, health and a comfortable life.

And in case that's not enough, I have a fantastic hubby who made my vision come true this Christmas after all. I have a colourful and shining tree in my living room window. It's one of our "wedding favour" trees from four years ago. Hubby transplanted it into the middle of our front lawn and covered it with a tiny blanket of lights. I have to look outside, but will gladly do so as I watch our tree grow older along with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment