Friday, April 12, 2013

Oh Poop!

Yesterday, I picked up the local paper and dilligently read its contents. I noticed that someone had written a letter to the editor about dog droppings and the useless by-law forbidding unclaimed doggy doodoo in our area. Drat! Double drat!

It's difficult enough coming up with topics for my monthly column. It's even harder sending my submission in almost two weeks before it's due to be published. Some time ago, I already had to abandon a piece, or should I say replace a piece that I had written about the demise of our Canadian penny. Now someone scooped me and complained about non-scooped poop.

Fortunately, it was a small letter. Today, one day later, my article appeared. Yayyy...not only is it in the paper, it's already online and can be viewed at the link below. It might work directly, or perhaps copy and paste will be necessary. If worst comes to worst, it's possible to go to Northumberland News and type my name into the search box.

http://www.northumberlandnews.com/opinion/columns/article/1602216--uh-oh-now-i-ve-stepped-in-it

As I pored over yesterday's paper, I noticed something that I hadn't considered essential for my bucket list. It is however, interesting enough to me, that I plan to go, view and take photos of this activity. It's definitely blog material. What is it you ask? Well, I'm afraid you'll have to wait and see.

My next blog will be most certainly be entitled, "Something Fishy's Going On".

No comments:

Post a Comment