Thursday, July 18, 2013

Arghhhh....Seriously?

My July column was published as is. I was pleased.


Then I received a message from a friend who had read it online. Her comment was "I love it!!!! I think it's too bad that they didn't have a picture of you with your hoop skirt, bustle and bonnet too."

I scratched my head and searched for the article on my computer. As soon as I saw it, my jaw dropped yet again. There was my original heading with yet another annoying addition.

Will cursive writing be the hieroglyphics of tomorrow?

 

Cobourg columnist used to write with pen nibs, inkwell and blotter

 
 


Hubby laughed. "What's so funny?" I asked.
 
"It makes it sound as if you're 100 years old." He responded.
 
My friend's hoop skirt, bonnet and bustle comment made sense now. Embarassing. Nonetheless, I have to be glad nothing was changed or deleted. Here's the article.
 
 
 
 
Love this cartoon I found recently.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment