Monday, March 18, 2013

Tripadvisor Review - Kalyvia Restaurant, Toronto

I completed a short, to the point tripadvisor review after a recent lunch. There wasn't a lot to say. I'm not an expert on Greek food but what I ate was yummy. Worked it off with four hours of shopping, and hiking from the Chester subway station to the East General Hospital area with a brief liquor store detour for the following very nice, inexpensive red wine recommended by my friend.
I have now completed 17 reviews in 14 cities.
 
“Delicious, generous portions, reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars

Reviewed 17 March 2013NEW
 
My friend and I went to this restaurant after an exhausting four hour shopping tour of Honest Ed's. We had been to the Kalyvia before and had enjoyed it. It's clean and unpretentious with simple decor and delicious home style cooking. There's a welcome consistency to their fare. We washed our hands in the immaculate bathroom, then relaxed with a glass of red wine. The waiter pointed out a prix fixe menu...excellent deal, but too much food for us. We had the special of the day - soup, salad and gyros $8.95. It was a large portion and everything tasted fabulous. The service was excellent. On the way out, we noted that the restaurant had been written up in magazines. I can see why.


http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g155019-d705480-r154889301-Kalyvia-Toronto_Ontario.html#REVIEWS

I added some photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment