Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentine

It's Valentine's Day. To me, Valentine's Day has a lot in common with Thanksgiving. In this case, instead of being thankful for many things, friends, family, food, hearth and home, we are thankful and show our appreciation to one specific person. I'm thankful to have one specific person.

For the last five years, I have been very fortunate. I have a hubby who is kind, loving, useful, extremely intelligent as I've mentioned many times, handsome, a great cook, and above all thoughtful.

Since hubby had a meeting in Ottawa today, Valentine's Day, he invited me along. We packed our dachshund and our dungarees and headed to the nation's capital yesterday. It's Winterlude in Ottawa. After checking in to the hotel, we went downtown. As we neared the park that had displays and ice sculptures, we saw it! The dreaded sign that read, "No dogs allowed." We both stopped and looked at our lovely little canine friend.

Hubby then chivalrously announced that he would wait with the dog so that I might go and see everything. I felt guilty for about 30 seconds until I realized that he had been here many times and  this was my first Winterlude. I thanked him and promised to try to be quick....a promise I had no business making. Camera in hand, I headed out.

                                 
I saw many amazing things, however, best of all was what awaited me when I was done with my explorations.


                                                      Thank you. Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment