Our bedroom is small and has been drab, beige and out of date. I decided to remedy this situation. I did nothing too drastic. The wall colour I selected was based on hubby's opinion as "nice". I made my decor choices using two criteria. As mentioned, the paint shade had prior approval. I needed a co-ordinating colour so I checked some home decor magazines and finally, the colour wheel. I know you're supposed to select colours that are generally opposite on the wheel.
Although I would have preferred the aubergine as an accent wall behind the bed, I decided to stick with a lighter shade of "Shrek green" and use the eggplant shade for accessories.
After I mentioned on facebook, that I "made a mess" friends commented and requested photos. It didn't occur to me to take any pictures until that point, so here goes. This is more of a "during" rather than a before shot.
I had to work in tight spaces and figure out how to move heavy furniture by myself.
I have now managed to reassemble everything and am fairly pleased with the results. A few things are still going to be done. I'm planning on painting a mural for over the bed and replacing a cheval mirror with a wall mounted one. A small perfume cabinet needs to be repainted to match the furniture and added to the wall decor. I like it a lot and hope hubby does too. And yes, I still had time left this week to spend with friends.
|White, Green and Aubergine!|