Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

I found this on facebook and liked it so I'm sharing.

I think I'm tired of my blog. It seems to have veered off course at some point to where it has become a diary, a travelogue, a photo essay or some other conglomerate of adventures and experiences. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's not what I had in mind when I first began writing several years ago. I suppose that's why I've been procrastinating and haven't written much of late.

I want to do something about it. Maybe I'm just disillusioned. Perhaps I need to change my life entirely. I suppose it was Gandhi or some other *iconic person who said words about being the change you want to see. I know he was talking on a world wide scale but I think this works for day to day personal events as well.

Think about it. The lines about change and personal growth are endless and profound.

"Progress is impossible without change."  G. B. Shaw

"If you don't like something, change it." Maya Angelou

 I gripe about things, but I don't do anything to make them better. I wait and wait for things to happen instead of making them happen. I wasn't always like this. I've become complacent. This in turn causes me stress.

So I suppose this is a resolution of sorts. If I don't like it, I'll change it. If I'm not happy about something, I'll try to fix it so that I will be. I'll start with my blog.  I'm turning a corner. Let's see how long the turn lasts. It's all too easy to fall back into old habits. That's not to say there won't be the odd home improvement or baking tip or even travelogue. Hopefully, they just won't be as frequent.

So after I change the entire format of my page, I'll get on with my next blog. It promises to be the most unpopular thing ever written.
________________________________________________________________________________
*** Whereas I hate the overused word 'iconic', in this particular case it fits. It is not necessary however, to use iconic for every person, place and thing when one is stuck for an alternative choice of appropriate adjective.

No comments:

Post a Comment