Monday, December 23, 2013

Weather Aftermath Monday

I have deliberately refrained from commenting on Mayor Rob Ford of Toronto. The police, the media, comedians, and others have done enough to make him world news. Besides, there's nothing I can add and I've been busy doing other things. Last night and today, I heard Mayor Ford speak at a news conference about the conditions in the city. I must say, I was impressed. He was articulate and organized. He was well dressed, composed and controlled. He spoke clearly and diverted questions about hydro, transit and the like to the appropriate knowledgeable people when necessary.

My friends and family have had lengthy power outages. This weather has been severe enough that some have had to leave their homes to stay warm. Others, with fireplaces are braving the cold. It certainly makes me rethink my complaints about our brief monthly power disruptions and our three hour outage on Saturday night. It's miminal in comparison to what many have endured.  My son sent me photos of massive trees on roads in Toronto. In Cobourg, we have icy, sparkling, trees lining the streets. On t.v. they have been showing limbs cracking and falling onto cars and houses in the city. We've had ice encased cars and doors. It's all relative.

The temperature is not rising anytime soon. Not much has changed. Hopefully, the people who are currently forced from their homes will be back in time for Christmas. That's my wish. Here are more photos. I actually ventured past the front door today, not far past, but past.

No comments:

Post a Comment