Friday, February 24, 2012

Let Her Eat Snow...er...Crow

Most of us are familiar with the Thomas Edison quote, "Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration." Truer words have never been spoken. Today, I perspired for almost two hours when the genius percentage finally kicked in. Let me explain.

I looked outside after completing my last blog and became concerned when I saw this.




                                               


There were wet snowballs falling from the sky. I had shovelled some slush earlier and thought I was done. Not so, I realized. The forecasters were indeed correct, if not slightly off on the time frame.

I donned my full winter garb and headed outdoors once again. First things first. I created a path for the puppy so that her short legs wouldn't have to suffer too much. It was then that I realized how heavy the snow was. Not a lot as yet, but quite the weight.








I decided to tackle the job in small portions. I worked my way up the sidewalk, past my vacationing neighbours' house and included some of my older widowed neighbour's place. Then I went back and started on the driveways between the sidewalk and the road. By the time I was done that bit, it was snowing very, very hard. In fact, the sidewalk which I had just completed was once again laden with white. I looked at the rest of our  driveway and said, (I'm old now so I'm allowed to talk to myself), "There must be an easier way to get rid of, or at least cut back on all this work."

As sleet started stinging my face, I had my idea.

Here I am. Do you see the lightbulb over my head? No, wait. That's just the fringe of my gladiator hat.




Here's a picture of what I did...a super fast way to clean off a driveway. No shovel necessary. As soon as I've had my bath, warm up a bit and find some dry clothing, I'll go clean up my neighbours' driveway in the same way. Won't they be surprised to see one of these greeters as they return from Florida?

                          

No comments:

Post a Comment