Sunday, August 2, 2015

Miles to Go Before We Sleep

We had a lovely, serene day in P.E.I. where we learned more than was necessary about Lucy Maud Montgomery and Anne of Green Gables. The beach stop was wonderful as we enjoyed the scenery and the red rocks.












Dare I say that I was most amused by the jellyfish?  The bus drove on the beach near a scenic lighthouse. When I hopped out, I observed tire marks on the beached jellyfish (no worries...they were dead from the tide being out anyhow). Here's a photo of the treaded jellyfish and the quintessential PEI lighthouse.
















After a day of sightseeing, back across the bridge we went to our eventual evening destination, Baddeck, Cape Breton Island. This is the the beginning of the Cabot Trail and also the town where Alexander Graham Bell developed many of his inventions. I was glad that I had seen the marvelous Bell museum on a previous trip, as it was not on our current itinerary. Kudos to the Silver Dart Lodge for wonderful accommodations, great hospitality, beautiful scenery and a delicious seafood linguine meal.

In the morning, we left for the Blue Puttees ferry boat which would take us from North Sydney to Port Aux Basques in five hours. Goodbye Nova Scotia. We were off to our last maritime province.

No comments:

Post a Comment