Friday, July 31, 2015

Let the Trip Begin!

Since I booked the trip "Eastern Canada and Newfoundland", the coach came past my town and picked me up near the highway. Stopping in Montreal allowed my friend and me to have a fabulous dinner at a restaurant called Europea which thankfully, I booked well in advance. All I can say is that it was a dining experience like none I've had in my life. The six course tasting menu option provided us with a whole evening of entertainment. Of course, I did a tripadvisor review but just to give you an idea, without giving away too many secrets, here are a few photos.


Off we went bright and early and after a surprise stop in Quebec City for lunch, on to Riviere-du-Loup to see some magnificent wood carvings. It was fascinating to speak with and hear stories of how one artisan got interested in doing this. I had a few favourite carvings reminiscent of my youth.


Our coach driver was terrific, stopped often, and allowed us opportunities to pick up groceries and snacks by doing shuttle runs for those who wanted them.

We ended another travel day with a down home kitchen party in Miramichi. What fun. You can join in...watch here...copy and paste this youtube site into your browser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv-_qF3XXmI

Maritime highlights for me truly began soon after, when we went on a cruise, learned to eat lobster, and crossed the Confederation Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment