Friday, June 12, 2020

Cool Tip I Learned in My Old Age


I can't imagine where the world would be without youtube videos to show us how to do anything and everything nowadays. It's especially useful during our current self isolation.

My daughter has become an expert at crochet. I have not as yet been quite as ambitious, although I have learned some new things. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

This morning, hubby opened the cereal cupboard and laughed when he saw this.
Why had nobody told me about this before? This is brilliant. I'm tired of ripped lids, and half open boxes, particularly cereal boxes.

I found a video on youtube that showed how to close a cereal box. Since I was tired of shredded, half open lids, I thought I'd try it.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhEHnIypRM0

The first box was rather large, and I was unsuccessful, although, I was able to get it sealed enough that all I needed to add was a clip and it still looked neat.
Next, I attempted a smaller box. Wow... it worked.
Before long, my cereal cupboard was organized. I had managed to seal all the rest of the boxes as in the video. Another unnecessary pandemic self isolation project completed. 

Here's a repeat of how for those who haven't seen the video.


Step 1 - Close inside waxed paper containing cereal. Then, at the top of the box, fold in one large lid and two small end ones.

Step 2 -  Bend small end portions of box to from a V shape which points to the inside of the box.

Step 3-   Tuck the other large lid in on the far side of the V's against the first large lid.

Fantastic!

Amazing isn't it how these small efforts and successes keep us amused during the current health crisis?

Someone told me there's a hack to seal potato chip bags as well, to which I asked, "Who actually has partial potato chip bags?" Anyhow, I shall leave that little trick for someone else to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment